Our Living Labs
Real time testing in ongoing refurbishment operations allow project pilots to act as a user-centered, open-innovation ecosystem with co-creation, exploration, experimentation and evaluation of the deployed tools.
These “real life pilot sites” are central to BIM4REN Open Inovation 2.0 (OI2) strategy to re-conceive the intersection between society and project performance, finding win-win outcomes and mutual benefits by tackling key societal challenges and problems. It will follow current methodology recommendations by the Open Innovation Strategy and Policy Group (OISPG) and the European Commission.
By field-testing the framework, workflows, platform and toolkits and implementing a full renovation process under different schemes and procurement procedures.
To use pilots as living labs as a method for validation and upscaling of the collaborative research activities to the market.
A full part of the innovation process, notably by the integration of the inhabitants participation in the pilots sites.
Underpin the One Stop Access Platform as both a stakeholder engagement platform and the technical single entry point to BIM4REN.
- UseResidential (Social Housing)
- M² per building14 – 800 m²
- Climate zoneCFb - Temperate oceanic climate
- Building ownerLogirep / Private SHO
- General construction companyContractor
- Technical supportNobatek
- Main elements of renovationIDDS + in protected area
- ToolsScan2BIM with Snapkin for geometry adquisition
- UseResidential (private)
- M² per building20 – 1000 m²
- Climate zoneCfb - Temperate oceanic climate
- Building ownerMulti-owner private property
- General construction companyKursaal
- Technical supportTecnalia
- Main elements of renovationBasic ETICS
- ToolsHeatPURE / FDD HVAC characteristics
- UseResidential (Student Dormitory)
- M² per building? – 2000 m²
- Climate zoneCfa- Humid subtropical climate
- Building ownerPublic organisation
- General construction companyCMB Carpi
- Technical supportR2M / GBC
- Main elements of renovation Deep renovation (HVAC incl) with change of its use
- ToolsIES full suite / VRMP / Certification incentive